Have some heart when you have the eyes...

Ever since I started working @KL Sentral , (at times) I have been wondering this one matter especially when I travel. Well, as most know,KL Sentral is a busy hub of public transportation and over there it's normal to see those who are visually impaired traveling. When I come to think about this,I could sometimes feel their hardship (though it might not be one for them) particularly when it comes to certain aspects;crossing roads, walking thru obstacles, to get on the right bus, etc.Seriously it is not easy to do those with both eyes closed, yet in the hustling bustling city!

With them, there were some scenarios that gave me the opportunity to lend them a hand and at the same time to share some light moments with them that will cease of myoneliness,boredom and the best, to refresh me with a smile on my face!

Some that I could still recall:

1) On a rainy day, I walked pass 1 old uncle who was sitting at the bus stop. Then, I had a feeling that he needs help and when I approached him, he took the offer. I brought him across the street & while we were crossing he asked about me and I replied, then when I asked his name, I got to know that he's a Malay when he don't like one! With that we both laughed together :) and after that I let him have his own time since he is waiting for his friend there @KL Monorail
What can be seen from this: At times they tend to have to difficulty in asking for help, due to the unpredictable mind of some people, therefore we must be ready to offer a good & sincere favour to them :) If they do not need one, then it's okay~continue your journey

2) On a sunny evening, there was this young lady who was waiting for the bus back home.To check whether the bus to her area has arrived, she turned and asked some people nearby. To my frustration, those people that she asked didn't answer her, instead they were puzzled or (i dunno) I then went to her and asked which bus she needs to get in. Then another Chinese Granny also joined me, we were all having a small chat together. Soon after her area bus came, she was so happy with my company that she thanked me for it. As a result of that~I felt so good,as I really felt her sincerity and I understood what she felt...
What can be seen from this: Always be ready and be at your service, please do not be blur~if you can't understand them, just ask them back.DO not ignore them, really not nice!

3) Okay this one a little bit touching for me, it involves a family of 4. The mother,father & 2 young little sons. It was late (nite) and I was waiting for the bus while at the same time watching them. Then I realised that the father & mother are both visually impaired.Basically they rely solely on the son (6-8 years old) to check on the bus. Meanwhile, their youngest son which is like 1 year over ( it gave me a pain in the heart when I saw that his eyes are also affected-though he is not blind) I just can't seem to explain much about his eyes: it was like the eyes were bulging out and the pupil of his eyes are large that made the white part of his eyes lesser to be seen; he was having difficulty to see the bus numbers. So I went to them, accompanied them till they get on the bus.I felt so,so relieved and at the same time became emotional thinking about them (I know I shouldn't but when I came to think about the kids...)
What can be seen from this: I have seen a lot from it, needless to say as all you need is just a little caring heart

That's what I have been pondering (now feeling so at ease after typing them here)...and I personally hope that in future when my kids are growing up , they shall read this posting and may they get a good lesson from the walk of their mother's life :)

~ahimsa.... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin